Q & A
What music can I play music on my Streamz?
You can play music on Streamz from the following sources.
Play music that is stored on Streamz using either voice commands, the headset keys and display or the Streamz App.
Example: Play the music that you have transferred onto the Streamz add-in 128GB onboard storage
- Stream music to Streamz from an online music service such as Pandora
Stream a music service supported on Streamz when connected to the internet via Wi-Fi.
Example: Initially at least Pandora and Spotify will be supported. Other streaming services are planned to be supported with future Streamz software updates.
- Stream music from either an iOS or Android phone or Tablet using the Streamz App.
- Stream any online music or stored on a phone via Bluetooth that is not natively supported on Streamz headset.
- Stream music from a Bluetooth transmitter enabled home audio device (ie: AVR, PC, Game Console)
- Play external music by plugging an external audio device such as a phone via its analog input audio jack.
How do I get music onto my Streamz?
You can transfer music onto Streamz the following ways:
- Using the Streamz App select music from your phone or DLNA networked storage device and transfer it to your Streamz.
Streamz can auto-transfer the music to your Streamz with Google Drive® Auto-sync.
Example: Whenever you add new music to any of your devices running the Google Drive Auto-sync App, including a phone, PC or Mac your music will automatically get transferred to your Streamz headphones. It’s that simple!
- Insert an SD storage card into Streamz with music stored on it.
How do I control Streamz?
You can control Streamz the following 3 ways:
- Display/Keypads - Using the Streamz onboard Display and keypads you can select a music source such as the onboard player or Pandora. You can browse, play, pause and skip music tracks. You can also adjust the volume.
VOXXI ® Voice Control - Using simple voice commands you can play and control the playback of stored music.
Examples: “Streamz play my favorite workout playlist”. “Streamz Pause”. “Streamz Volume Up”
- Streamz App - You can use the Streamz App on an iOS or Android smart device such as a smartphone to browse, play and control the playback of music stored on your Streamz or streamed from your smartphone.
Can I play iTunes “AAC” and other Apple music on my Streamz?
Yes you can play most Apple music.
You can play Apple music including the most common iTunes music called “AAC” and higher quality Apple music called “AIFF” music files.
What music formats can I play on Streamz?
Streamz can play most of the popular music formats.
Streamz can play both lower quality formats such as MP3 and Apple AAC plus high definition quality formats such as lossless FLAC and uncompressed WAV files. A complete formal list will be released on this web site before product launch time.
- Non-Apple-Only Audio Formats Supported - MP3, FLAC, WAV, OGG, M4A, APE, CUE
- Apple-Only Audio Formats: Apple AAC, AIFF
Can I play stored music from my Android or iPhone?
Yes. You can use the Streamz App to play stored phone music.
You can use the Streamz App to stream music from your Android device or iOS device such as an iPhone or iPad.
Can I stream music apps not supported by Streamz from my phone?
Yes. You can stream any music or audio from your phone via the Streamz Bluetooth interface.
Example: You can stream an online music service such as Apple Music from your phone via Bluetooth.
Can I change the WIFI hotspot that I want Streamz to connect to?
Yes. Using The Streamz App Manager you can change the Streamz Hotspot.
Open up the “Streamz Manager” App on your iOS or Android smartphone and select the WIFI hotspot found and enter the hotspot’s password if needed.
Can I control Streamz with its App outside a WI-FI hotspot?
You can control Streamz and play internet music streaming outside a Wi-Fi hotspot.
Via the Streamz App you can connect to your phone’s mobile hotspot when your out of range of Wi-Fi.
After you have added your phone’s mobile hot spot, the next time you leave a Wi-Fi hotspot Streamz will auto-connect to your phones hotspot like a regular Wi-Fi hotspot. You can then control the headset with the Streamz App and stream music from the internet via your phone.
How do I change from the Streamz music player to an online music service such as Pandora®?
Press the "Mode" button on Streamz to select a different Source.
Using the Streamz Mode button toggle through the sources available to select a different music source from for example the onboard music player to Pandora®. You can also browse on the Streamz display the available sources of music.
How will I get new feature software updates?
You will be notified just like a smartphone.
Like a smartphone the Streamz App will notify you and instruct you how to download and install any new software update. Updates will include either/both the Streamz onboard software and/or the Streamz App software.
What warranty is provided?
We provide a one (1) year limited warranty.
We guarantee you receive your Streamz headphones free of manufacturing defects. To return a defective product it is necessary that you first contact Streamz Customer Service to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number.